Wednesday 16 February 2011

Busy week in Katsville

Last night I went out to see Mark Thomas live at our local theatre. He was utterly amazing. I think to say he was a comedian would do him a disservice - he's kind of like v witty, v human and engaging human rights activist. Last night he was talking about his recent trip to the West Bank and how he walked along the wall that divides the West Bank from Israel. I've been a fan for years but never had the chance to see him till now and I would definitely recommend it.



Completely different and much lighter note, I've finished making all my geeky crafts for the Geeky Swap on Cut Out & Keep so I should be posting those off by the end of the week :) I love making things for others. I think its probably my biggest source of inspiration. Hopefully Kiddo will love the bits I've made her as much as I've loved making them :)

I'm also reading loads at the moment. I finished Gentlemen and Players and I'm now reading another of Joanne Harris'. I'm reading Chocolat. I've seen the film a few times so wasn't going to read it, but after reading Gentlemen and Players I got really into her style of writing. I'm loving Chocolat and I'm already near the end.

It's been a bit of the wet and soggy side the last few weekends so I haven't got the down the plot for a couple of weeks. I have been starting some seeds off at home though. I have chili and onions on the window sill.

3 comments:

  1. I have yours all finished up, too! I just have to wait for pay day on Friday, then I'll mail it out Saturday provided I wake up before the post closes. lol If I sleep in, I'll mail it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I read Chocolat a couple of years ago. I have actually never seen the movie. Reading it though make sure you actually have chocolate on hand as it makes you want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've eaten so much chocolate reading Chocolat :)

    ReplyDelete