Saturday 17 September 2011

Latest Doings

I've been pretty busy lately. I've been trying to come up with some new designs for my stall at the Craft Fair I'm doing in November. I've also been busy down the plot. I want to get as much clear and in use as possible. So far we've dug up our onions and they are nice and dried out. I used my first one Thursday night in my dinner and it was very tasty :)

We've also dug up our first row of potatoes and they are scrummy. They're a good size, seem to dig up pretty clean (so less scrubbing \o/) and cook up nicely. They're quite floury and make very tasty mash. We keep the skins on when making mash so I was chuffed that they cleaned up with minimal scrubbing. I wish I could remember what breed they were as I'd be very happy having more of the same.

The courgettes are almost at the end of their life but we have had some amazing harvests from them. I'm also very pleased to say that we've only had to compost one. The rest were all eaten up by either us or our neighbour (who makes very tasty cake as payment).

The squashes are looking amazing. We only planted 2 that a friend gave us and they've taken up so much room. Very handy as they are extremely low maintenance and easy to grow. They look a little like the courgettes and have already got some squashes coming on them. I've never grown squash before so this is going to be an experience. I'll have to track down some recipes so they don't get wasted.



Finally, I've got in all the onions and shallots I bought in Wilkinsons and just have the garlic to put in. I'll probably do that tomorrow, providing the weather stays fine. The sweetcorns are also ready to harvest \o/.

On the making front, I've been experimenting with felt and making brooches. So far I've made a pretty flower one and a cute pumpkin. I'm thinking of making more halloweeny ones as I've got a ton of zombie green and pumpkin orange felt to use up :)



Also I've reached 60 followers of my blog and 105 twitter followers so I'm planning another giveaway to celebrate. I want to make something new for it so watch this space. Something is on the horizon but haven't quite decided what :)

No comments:

Post a Comment