Friday 25 September 2009

What a lazy blogger!

I've been pretty terrible for keeping up the blog this month :/ Consider my wrists well and truly slapped :)
What's been going on in Kitkatland recently? Well I went to my sisters wedding a couple of weeks ago. This went really well and was a lovely day. Although I don't do churches as a rule the service was lovely and I felt extremely proud watching my niece and nephew as best man and bridesmaid.
I finally finished the zodiac swap I've been part off and sent of all the bits I'd made to Creativemind. I hope she likes them. I've been really struggling recently to be creative so I'm planning a break from the swaps for a bit after this next one. That ones dinosaur themed and proving equally tricky to feel inspired. I think I need to go back to playing around with things and making some more jewellery for my dwanda shop for a bit till my mojo returns. I might make a start on the crochet scarf I've been planning.
I've been shopping the for the allotment. I've bought some more onion sets, some carrot seeds, some winter pansy seeds and some broad beans. I'm sure I don't like broad beans but they grow this time of the year and we need to keep up the momentum this year and keep things going all year round. There seems to have been a real increase in interest in allotments lately so there are waiting lists for all of the sites so the council are keeping a very close eye on anyone not using their plot and we don't want any problems with them this year. We got a non cultivation order last year and it wasn't very nice. We had been using the plot and had literally just harvested most of what was growing but we hadn't been able to find anything to put in its place other than bulbs so the plot looked a bit bare for a bit. I think what I've found is that you don't get much veg seeds around in the shops this time of year unless you go to a proper garden centre so this is what I've done. I hope things grow. I love carrots, especially when you've grown them yourself. They're so crisp and sweet :)
I'm currently reading Howard's End now by EM Forster but I've been a bit of slow reader lately. I'd like to say its tiredness but I think its more likely because I have bought myself another game for the DS. Its one of the Worms ones and I love those. I love their little voices when you attack one.
I've been trying to get back into doing yoga again in the evenings and have started with about 30 mins a few evenings a week. I am so inflexible I can't believe it. I swear I creak! I must be over a year since I've done any and I can't believe how much I'd taken it for granted. It never feels like your doing that much when you do it regularly but it really does make a difference. I can't remember the posture name now but theres one where your low to the ground with your arms above your head. I never used to have any difficulties holding the posture or getting into but now its an entirely different matter. Nevermind, I just need to get back into the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment