Saturday 16 January 2010

Om nom nom

Cooking dinner at the mo - yummy tomato & onion pasta sauce to go with Spaghetti. Its so simple but one of the tastiest pasta sauces I've made.

What you need
tin of tomatoes
1 onion, finely chopped
fresh oregano (or dried)
fresh basil (or dried)
pinch of sugar
garlic puree/ 1 clove of garlic chopped
1 tbsp sundried tomato purée
Olive oil

What you do
Fry a finely chopped onion and garlic in a little olive oil until soft
Add chopped herbs and sundried tomato puree and cook for a couple of minutes
Add tomatoes and sugar and cook on medium heat for about 20 - 30 minutes (till most of the liquid has evapourated and you get a kind of rich, tomato mush).
Pour over cooked pasta (I live spaghetti)
Top with grated cheese to make it extra yummy

Craftwise I am also signed up for another 2 swaps. One is a candy/lolly swap where we send sweeties from our country to our swap partner :) This couldn't get much better as far as I'm concerned. I absolutely adore sweets \o/ The other is one that I'm running which is a t-shirt refashion swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment